How I work
What does a business coach & mentor look like to you? Slick, sharp suited, maybe a little flash?
That’s not my style.
I believe that what you say is more important than how you dress – and I’m more interested in delivering real results than impressing you with my image.
My coaching approach is different. I combine creativity with logical, analytical and objective thinking to help you see your business in a fresh light.
I relish the lightbulb moment when my clients understand my suggestions – and love it even more when they implement those ideas and see instant results.
My practical, one-to-one sessions are grounded in hard work and a relentless focus on goals. I believe my coaching & mentor programme can help ANY business become more profitable… and have a lot more fun while they’re at it!
Working with ambitious businesses in Gloucestershire, the south west and beyond, my goal is to help as many business owners as possible by sharing my 17 years of experience through my talks and workshops, business books, and one-to-one coaching.
My career background
From the age of 18, I spent four years as a systems analyst for a medical devices company, helping them increase their turnover by 50 per cent, from £1 million to £1.5 million.
From 2004 to 2014 I ran a successful design and advertising agency serving over 250 clients. During this time, I delivered workshops and masterclasses that helped over 1,000 business owners improve their marketing, product architecture, pricing, websites and digital advertising.
I love helping businesses to become more successful, and getting results for my clients is what gets me out of bed each day.
Other facts about me
- I’m a real family man, and love nothing more than spending time with my wife, Charlotte, and two young daughters.
- I’m a mad keen road cyclist and can often be seen hurtling down Frocester Hill at 50mph. (Though I’m a lot less keen on cycling back up!)
- I rarely drink, but when I do, I love a pint of pale ale.
- I’m often teased for my huge collection of Salt Rock T-shirts – over 20 at the last count.
- Despite being a bestselling author, I’m not a big fan of reading. Audiobooks are how I prefer to learn.
- My presenting coach nicknamed me ‘the Gatling gun’ because of how fast I talk. If you’ve met me, you’ll understand why!
- I lost my Dad in October 2013. He was a huge driving force in my life, and he still inspires me every day.