"Goal setting is massively important … that objective setting and the key results of the milestones along the way that you need to achieve. It's helpful, it's not just for business owners or people in jobs it can help you in any aspect of your life ... if you're just blindly turning up to your job every day … that's like jumping into your car and driving randomly for an hour in a certain direction and scratching your head going why wasn't that fulfilling and why don't I like the destination?" Robin Waite told me on Episode 43 of the Reframe & Reset Your Career podcast.
Robin is a business coach, keynote speaker, the Founder of The Fearless Business Accelerator and the best selling author of Online Business Startup and Take Your Shot.
He was entrepreneurial from a young age and used his earnings from a paper round to invest in second hand CDs, which he sold to his school friends. Whilst attending university, Robin spent four years as a systems analyst for a medical devices company, helping them increase their turnover by 50 per cent, from £1 million to £1.5 million.
After graduation, he ran a successful design and advertising agency serving over 250 clients for over 12 years. During this time, he helped over 1,000 business owners improve their marketing, product architecture, pricing, websites and digital advertising.
Then he had a life changing moment whilst riding his bike and decided to close his agency, which led to the start of the work he is doing today.
Robin and I had a great conversation and talked about the following:
- Building a strong network by first offering to help rather than asking,
- Balancing working as a systems analyst, DJing and studying at university all at the same time,
- Starting his own branding and design business after university,
- Strategies for standing out at work,
- How content creation can help build your brand,
- Insights into creativity,
- Creating a work culture where employees feel they are being listened to and are comfortable challenging the status quo and offering new ideas,
- Strategies to help manage fear in uncertain times,
- The real life inspiration behind his book “Take Your Shot” and helping business owners reimagine/ transform their process and pricing,
- Setting goals and measuring your performance against them, and
- The importance of taking action and not procrastinating.
Resources & People Mentioned
Simon Alexander Ong
Curtis “Fifty Cent” Jackson – Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter
Matthew Syed – Black Box Thinking
John Warrilow - Built To Sell
Rich Litvin & Steve Chandler – The Prosperous Coach
Reframe & Reset Your Career Resources & Contact Info
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ReframeResetYourCareer
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reframe-reset-your-career/?viewAsMember=true
E-mail - email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support of Reframe & Reset Your Career, I do appreciate it. It would be great to hear from you, the listeners, and your thoughts about the podcast, YouTube channel or anything else, it's always a pleasure to hear your views. I have had some great reviews but not had any way of responding.
Thanks again for your support and have a great week!