Working for yourself is like you’ve won the lottery.
You have all the privileges you dreamt of, getting to the office after 9 am, taking holidays whenever you feel like, taking risks and accepting challenges. Every day brings something new, a new task, a new challenge and new requirements.
Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?
Well, it doesn’t start out quite like this…
You have to be patient and you have to put more effort than you would in a regular 9-5 job.
If you’re a start-up and you feel like you’re going nowhere, there are a lot of questions that may come to mind;
- What am I doing?
- Is there a point?
- Shall I just give up?
You are not seeing any progress and you feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, you begin to enter the “Shall I just give up?” phase, without knowing how far you have come and not feeling that your business has any value.
You quit, and you return to you regular 9-5 life.
But how to avoid this?
You need a guide, a guru, someone who you can ask all the questions.
A Business Coach is your guide!
What is Business Coaching?
Business Coaching is the process of helping entrepreneurs and even professionals, grow and stabilize their business by expanding their knowledge and skills.
When you think of a Business Coach, what comes to mind?
A middle-aged motivational speaker, sat in a conference room sipping a cold cup of coffee, rambling on about how ‘Business Coaching can help transform your life and career’.
Business Coaches are VERY different!
A Business Coach will help you get from where you are now to where you want to be.
Your Business Coach will help you first understand what you really want out of this whole thing. Your Coach will then help you set your goals, making a business strategy and help to create an ideal consumer and target market.
Your Coach already knows what comes next (they have done this before), so don’t get too nervous.
Business Coaches hold coaching sessions, talks, publish/post content, have eLearning programmes or videos.
A business coach focuses on:
- Setting you up to be more comfortable in sourcing new customers.
- Helping you develop and understand your own business.
- Helping you gain confidence in your specific area.
You’re probably asking yourself, why do I need a Business Coach?
You cannot gain all these skills by yourself. Even if you do it will be time-consuming. But why can’t you just gain this knowledge through books or through media?
Because you will face challenges unique to you and your business, the market changes so rapidly, your product/service might be in a high demand one month, but face losing the next.
How do you combat this?
A Business Coach has had plenty of experience and can help you plan strategies to get you back to being, a thriving business.
What are the Benefits of having a Business Coach?
Investing in business coach is your loyalty towards your business and your time. Consider of hiring a business coach for your start-up if:
- You lack self-confidence: – Confidence in business is like liquid gold. Being supported by a great coach will give you the confidence to go into major situations, dealing with crises, or handling conflict.
- You don’t know how to work well, within your specific market: – Business Coaches run exercises around personality and leadership. In your business journey, you will meet many different personalities, this can help understand how to change the way you work with different people.
- You aren’t getting the results you’d hoped for: – Coaches can help you by asking the questions you aren’t asking yourself, why didn’t is work? How can you change it to make it work?
Business coaching is a secret recipe to boost up your start-up business.