December 16, 2021
Why do small business owners need to outsource? The answer is simple because it isn't cost-effective for the small business owner to hire employees in-house when there are other companies that can do these tasks more efficiently and cheaper than the owner could ever dream of doing themselves.
1) Website Maintenance: If you're not tech-savvy, or if you don't have the time to update your website on a regular basis, then it's time to outsource this task. You can find a web developer who will do everything from creating a new website for you to updating your current site with new content to fixing any front-end coding issues that may arise.
2) Social Media Management: Do you dread posting on social media? Or do you simply not have the time? Outsourcing your social media management is a great way to keep your accounts active and updated – plus, you can find someone who can create engaging and effective social media campaigns for you.
3) Customer Service: Dealing with customer service inquiries can be time-consuming and frustrating – so why not outsource this task to a company that specializes in it? You can find companies that will provide 24/7 customer service support or who will only answer specific types of customer inquiries.
4) Market Research: Trying to gather information from surveys, focus groups, and other research methods can be daunting – not to mention time-consuming. Outsourcing your market research is a great way to get the information you need without having to spend hours gathering it yourself.
5) Content Writing: Content is king – and if you're not a good writer, or don't have the time to write your own content, then outsourcing this task is a great solution. You can find freelance writers who will create high-quality, original content for you at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time writer.
6) Payroll: Handling payroll can be time-consuming and complicated – so why not outsource it to a company that specializes in it? You can find companies who will take care of all your payroll needs, from creating paychecks, to filing taxes, to handling employee benefits.
The two tasks that small business owners should not outsource are accounting and web development. Small business owners need to understand the complex nature of these tasks and why they should not be outsourced to other companies, as this could lead to serious consequences down the road.
Accounting: rather opt for efficient software like those mentioned on DigitalSupermarket and keep control of your income and expenditure.
Web Development: your code is your secret recipe so keep this in-house and rather appoint a full-stack developer.
When it comes to outsourcing, there are countless tasks that can be outsourced to other companies. The six tasks listed above are just a few examples of what can be outsourced – so don't be afraid to explore other options and find the right company or person to help you with your specific needs. Outsourcing can save you time and money, and it can help to free up some of your precious time for other tasks!
How to Grow Your Business, Attract More Clients, and Make More Money. Learn to change your perceptions of your own business so that you get out of your own way.
Answer 40 questions and we’ll send you a personalised report with feedback tailored to your specific needs. It quick and free and you get a FREE copy of Take Your Shot.
Sometimes it's difficult taking the first steps; in reality it's easy. Hit the big red button below to book your Diagnostic Call.