Despite the emergence of new technologies and the development of chat apps, emails are still a huge part of our work. Businesses, professionals, or even regular internet users have one or more email account running. MS Outlook boasts about a 400 million user base thanking its advanced features. It has become much easier to handle all of your emails using your mobiles or smartphones. Therefore, syncing contacts is necessary.
iOS is the world's most advanced mobile operating system developed by the tech giant Apple. To add Outlook contacts to iOS contacts, there are a couple of methods that can be performed even by a naive user. But this topic is not as simple as it sounds, there can be a couple of problems such as corruption of contact file data. In this article, we will explain solutions to all possible scenarios.
How to Add Outlook Contacts to iOS Contacts?
You can perform this task in two ways, one is manually and another one is the automatic way. There are a few advantages of using software such as the ability to work even with corrupt or orphan contact files. To transfer the contacts to Outlook to the iOS, you must first convert Outlook contacts to vCard. Then, add them to the iOS platform. To execute this, you must use PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. It provides plenty of benefits such as:
- Add multiple Outlook contacts to iOS contacts in a single attempt.
- Automatically matches the fields of Outlook contacts with iOS.
- Reserves the metadata, data integrity, and the folder hierarchy.
- Adds the corrupted, orphaned, and contact files protected by passwords.
- Supports all versions of MS Outlook i.e., 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Compatible with all VCF/vCard versions such as 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
Steps to Add Outlook Contacts to iOS Contacts
- Install the software on your device. Then, add the PST file(s) or folder to it.
- Now, this application will scan the files for any type of corruption. After it quickly checks them, it will add all the contacts in the software interface.
- After that, you can preview all the details and information of the contacts and choose those that you wish to export.
- Choose vCard as the export option, apply advanced settings. Search a location to save these files and hit the Export button.
Add Outlook Contacts to iOS Contacts.
Now that you have created a file that is compatible with iOS, you need to send them to the latter platform now.
- Compose a mail and attach all of these files.
- Send this mail to your iOS account.
- Access this attachment on your mobile using the contacts app.
- The contacts will now sync with the iPhone.
Manual Way to Add Outlook Contacts to iOS Contacts
- Launch MS Outlook & choose the File option.
- Click on Open & Export > Import/Export wizard.
- Select 'Export to a File' and choose 'Comma Separated Values'.
- Select the folder to export contacts from & choose a location to save.
- Finally, match all the custom fields of the contacts & select Finish.
When you choose to manually add Outlook contacts to iOS contacts, some restrictions need to know of. First is the limitations in the fields that you can map. Outlook provides only a few attributes to map. Secondly, if you have an orphan or damaged PST file, you cannot perform this method in any case. You are bound to go for the automatic solution as discussed. Thirdly, you will have to match the fields manually which is a very time-consuming process.
In this blog, we have explained to you the most effective ways to add Outlook contacts to iOS contacts. Out of the two methods available, users can go for anyone that suits their requirements the most. Due to the highly advanced features provided by the PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool, most businesses and professionals rely on it.